Chef Stella is back with another excellent coconut macaroon recipe. This pineapple coconut macaroon recipe blends sweet and acidic elements to create a dessert that will please the palate.
Below, you’ll find the instructions to make this party-pleaser and impress guests with your baking prowess.
Pineapple Coconut Macaroons
Servings: about 22 cookies
Preparation time: 10 minutes
– 3 cups shredded coconut, sweetened
– 1 can condensed milk
– 1/2 cup white chocolate
– 1/2 cup dried pineapple
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine coconut, condensed milk, white chocolate and pineapple. Stir until well combined.
3. Scoop mixture firmly into a cookie scoop and press into a greased cookie sheet as you drop it (the idea is to compact the balls). Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, or until browned.
Pineapple Chocolate Ganache Ingredients (Topping)
– 1 cup white chocolate
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 1/4 cup pineapple juice
1. Place finely chopped chocolate in the small heatproof bowl.
2. Set over warm water on low heat (water should not touch the bottom of the bowl).
3. Stir very frequently until almost melted. Remove from heat and hot water; stir until smooth, pressing out any lumps with the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula.
4. In a small saucepan over low heat, heat cream just to a simmer, stirring frequently.
5. Remove from heat; all at once, add about two-thirds of hot cream to melted white chocolate.
6. Gently stir to incorporate, add the pineapple juice, then beat or whisk until smooth, scraping bowl as necessary with rubber spatula.
7. Gradually stir in remaining cream.
Now it’s time to put your baking skills to the test and make macaroons in your own kitchen. Download a PDF of Chef Stella’s recipe here. Stay tuned for more recipes from Chef Stella!