Designs Inspired by Food

Share This Post

You can have your cake and eat it, too, and now you can use it as a source of inspiration for your kitchen. If you’re simply stumped and suffering from a brain block when it comes to kitchen designs, look no further than your favorite foods!

Now, that doesn’t mean you should paint your kitchen bright pink and green if you love watermelon. It means translating your favorite foods – their textures, colors and combinations – into tangible decorating strategies for the most important room in the house.

Use Color Tastefully

Love chocolate chip cookies? Paint your walls with a neutral color like beige or tan and then add rich, dark brown accents to the room to give it a delicious pop! Save your bright, vibrant and very dark colors for accent pieces, as they can make your room feel either overwhelming or cave-like if used in large amounts.

A good rule of thumb to follow when decorating is to keep 80 percent of the color in the room neutral, and then use the other 20 percent for pops of color that will bring everything together and give you the design you desire, as well as create an overall feel for the space.

- VIKING 2010 Builder Kitchen -

Don’t Forget to Add Texture

Color isn’t the only source of inspiration your food can give you, though. You can also find inspiration for texture in your favorite meals. If you like the cloud-like look of your mashed potatoes, consider adding a sponge effect to your walls or ceiling. Enjoy the bumpy skin of an avocado? Think of using stucco in the room to replicate the texture.

If you’re struggling to find a divine design for your kitchen, look no further than your favorite meals!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get updates and learn from the best

More To Explore


Vendor Feature: Sub-Zero and Wolf

As a leader in the appliance industry, Sub-Zero and Wolf holds a special place in the hearts of kitchen technology aficionados. The company, however, is

Cookie Notice

We and our partners use Cookies to improve and personalize your experience on the Site, measure the effectiveness of our Services, and show you ads and other content tailored to your interests as you navigate the web or interact with us across devices. Privacy Policy